Qlik Community

QlikView Administration

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2022, LIVE in Denver CO., May 16-19, 2022. REGISTER NOW TO RECEIVE EARLY BIRD PRICING
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
e_p
Contributor II
Contributor II

CalData.pgo.xml and BorrowedCalData.pgo.xml update

Hello,

Maybe someone knows, why CalData.pgo.xml and BorrowedCalData.pgo.xml are not updating in \\hostname\c$\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents folder? 

CalData.pgo and BorrowedCalData.pgo are up-to-date, but xml files aren't updated.

In Settings.ini we have parameter PgoAsXmlAlso=1, at the end of all parameters.

 

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
e_p
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Problem was PgoAsXmlAlso=1 place in Settings.ini file.

Solution:

Move PgoAsXmlAlso=1 above "Authentication " section in Settings.ini file.

 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

When was the last time the .pgo.xml files were updated? Also, what version of QV are currently running? 

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
e_p
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Date, when xml file was manually (via notepad) updated - changed host name in these files.

We had migration process from one QlikView Server to other. During this migration mentioned files were copied from old server and modified, by changing host name in them.

QlikView  version:  April 2019 SR2

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Have you tried stopping the QV services and renaming the .pgo.xml files to something like .old and restarting the QV services? This in effect should recreate the .pgo.xml files. Basically, letting the system general the .pgo.xml files?

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
e_p
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, I tried it, but it did not worked - new files did not generated.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @e_p,

The file path you indicated, \\hostname\c$\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents folder, is the default location for the QlikView Server Root Folder when QVS is installed - confirm in QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Servers > QVS@ > Folders tab.  The QVS Root Folder is the primary location for .PGO files.  Each QVS server in a QVS cluster environment also has a local copy of .PGO files, located by default in %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikView Server.  Are the CalData.pgo and BorrowedCal.pgo files in this directory up to date?  Is this a single-node environment or do you have multiple QVS nodes clustered?  

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
e_p
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, @Chip_Matejowsky ,

Yes, \\hostname\c$\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents is the default location for the QlikView Server Root Folder when QVS was installed. This path is noted in QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Servers > QVS@ > Folders tab.

 CalData.pgo and BorrowedCal.pgo are up-to-date in "Documents" and in "QlikViewServer" folders.

Our ETL and Access Point (for users) is running on same server.

Currently "PgoAsXmlAlso=1" is at the end of Settings.ini file. Could it have some kind of relation to issue?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

So the time stamps for CalData.pgo and BorrowedCal.pgo files in both locations are synced?  If so, that's what you want and indicates that they're synchronizing correctly.  Can you please elaborate a bit more on what you mean by "files are not updating"?  Are you seeing any .PGO related errors in the QVS Events log?

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
e_p
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Time stamp for CalData.pgo in both locations is same.

Time stamp for BorrowedCal.pgo is different in both folders. Difference is 6-8 minutes.

 

Problem data of xml files. Since these files are not up-to-date, we cannot track CALs information via License_Analyser (like we did in old server). Data in these xml files does not match with DOC CALs data in QMC. These xml files are showing less assigned DOC CALs, then it is assigned in QMC.

e_p
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Problem was PgoAsXmlAlso=1 place in Settings.ini file.

Solution:

Move PgoAsXmlAlso=1 above "Authentication " section in Settings.ini file.

 

View solution in original post