Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change of Domain Name on the QLIKVIEW Server

Dear All,

I would like to find out would there be any impact if i change the domain name on the qlikview server to point to a new domain server?

Any important thing i should take note? Please advise. Thank you

9 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You have to take care of below points depending on your environment.

First of all, does it include the user running QlikView server services?

In this case, you need to change that ( run services.msc on the server to check and change the users)

On the server, first you need to change your users cals. you may have problems with the quarantine. When you remove a user, the user cal will only be available after 24 hours.

If you also have documents cals, you need to to to each document on the document settings and change the users there.

If you use DMS, you will need to change all the document authorizations.

If you have section access based on the domain name, you will need to fix that on all the documents.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Are you going to do away with the current domain? If not why not setup a trust between the domains?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

I would like to get some advise on my below scenario and it's some what relating to this thread.

We have a QlikView Server 11.2 installed on machine A and I have to re-locate the QlikView services from old machine to new machine.

To achieve this, currently I am following the document (QV11 Upgrade and Migration Document.pdf) starting from section 5 (from page number 30) BUT I also need to change the "Domain name" while re-installing the QV Server on machine B.

Will it impact anything if I change the Domain name instead of using the old Domain name? can I able to migrate everything even after changing the Domain name or will I face any authentication issues?

Please give me some information on how to handle this situation.

Thanks,

Nihal

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

Yes, the impact will be the users will lose all their objects and bookmarks.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Using one of the PowerTools, you can reassign all Server Objects to the users in the new domain. It's a tricky operation though.

Peter

nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

Thank you Both for your kind reply and suggestion.

Nihal

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I have the same situation.

We have to change a qlikview server  Server A hosts, then we choose to reinstall the server on Server B.

The Active directory migration project is in progress and we want to put the serverB in the target domain before install QV server to avoid to do it again later.
Knowing that currently on server A an active directory connector has been configured to query the target active directory and the permissions have been configured for some users of the target domain.

Is there any risks ?

what are the points to be taken into account to guarantee the authentication and the authorization of the users of the two domains during the coexisting period of the domains ?

Best Regards

nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Initially I did tried to find the solution for my scenario but due to the change in requirement I didn't implemented the process.

I have completed the machine to machine server installation and migration without change of domain name.

earl_angkico
Contributor
Contributor

hi @nihalbuddy09,

how did you go about this, our networks says they can't build same hostname at the same time.