Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Closing AccessPoint IE Window also closes the last QV application loaded

I've just recently started experiencing a problem where if I close the AccessPoint IE Window then the last qvw file loaded from the AP Window also closes. I've confirmed that it is only the last application that is opened that gets closed. If I open 4 applications then only the last one is closed, no matter which order I open the applicaitons in. This is very annoying for those clients viewing one application but having to leave the AP window as well as the application window loaded.

I've looked at IIS settings on the Enterprise server; looked for Publisher settings that may impact the specific file, reviewed the QV Management Console settings but nothing seems to configure such a behavior.

Researching behaviours of IE itself it was suggested to disable all "add ons" and re-enable them one by one to see if they are causing the issue. If I turn off all of the add ons (of which there are only 4 from Microsoft on this system) I still recieve the same behavior.

Thanks for any responses.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Answer to my own question:

According to QT Support this is a bug in the version of 8.5 that we are using and was addressed with the relase of version 9.0.

There is no plan to retroactively apply a patch to fix this issue with 8.5 at this time.

Not applicable
Author

We found that the window disappears even if you just refresh the Access Point, in addition to closing the window.

The weird thing is that if the window is refreshed while the application is still loading (but before it comes up), then the pop-up is 'disconnected', and the window will stay even when the Access Point window is closed.

Therefore, here is a workaround:

Go to default.aspx located in the Program Files\QlikView\AccessPoint folder.

Change the following script from:

function OpenInNewClientWindow(URLString,Destwindow,Titlebar){

openCustTitlebar(URLString, Titlebar, Destwindow);

}

To

function OpenInNewClientWindow(URLString,Destwindow,Titlebar){

openCustTitlebar(URLString, Titlebar, Destwindow);

setTimeout('location.reload();', 3 * 1000);

}