Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Compatibility Questions with QlikView Upgrade

Current version: April 2021 SR2 12.60.20200.0

Version to upgrade: May 2022 IR 12.70.20000.0

I am trying to upgrade from my current version to a higher version.

1) If I upgrade without installing Net Framework 4.8 web version, will there be compatibility or other issues?

2) It tells me to upgrade the net framework to the 4.8 web version, but when I install the 4.8 web version of the framework, the extracting files appear and disappear and I cannot install it.

seheon_0-1655801750288.png

How can I install it?

Please answer.
thank you

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I suspect that is an issue with your machine. I would check the Windows Event logs for errors.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@qwebnm

I agree with Bill, this is not a QlikView Issue. You will have to work with local IT or troubleshoot the .NET install error. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@qwebnm 

.NET framework 4.8 or higher is needed for QlikView to run. Make sure you are running the install as administrator. 

If you can't install it with the installer you can try to download it, and install it manually

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Maria is correct, this is not an option, it is a requirement.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Will there be any issues if it is lower than .NET Framework 4.8?

If you manually install .NET Framework 4.8 as an administrator, the extracting files screen appears and installation fails.

I've been looking for this, but I can't find a solution.

Any solution?

Please check the attached video and reply.

thank you

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Will there be any issues if it is lower than .NET Framework 4.8?

If you manually install .NET Framework 4.8 as an administrator, the extracting files screen appears and installation fails.

I've been looking for this, but I can't find a solution.

Any solution?

Please let me know if there is a way.

thank you.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@qwebnm

Just to make sure I understand correctly, you download the installer files from Microsoft and ran their installer, but it still doesn't work? Download

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I tried it with the file from the download link you sent me when I was connected to the internet, but the same symptom occurs.

thank you.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I suspect that is an issue with your machine. I would check the Windows Event logs for errors.

Bill

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@qwebnm

I agree with Bill, this is not a QlikView Issue. You will have to work with local IT or troubleshoot the .NET install error.