Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Configurable ODBC as Directory Service Connector require re-Apply regularly

I am using QV11 SR2 and the Configurable ODBC Directory Service Connector for user access. 

The solution works well when it works, but a few times a day I need to keep going to the QMC and re-Apply the configuration as the server does not see the users and groups created in the database.  Once I re-Apply, everything works week for a few hours and then the same issue happens again and users get a failed to authenticate message.  At this point, I have to go back to QMC, open one of the ODBC connections, close and re-Apply - and things start working again.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

10 Replies
andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I think Marcus is talking about settings in the 'ODBC Data Source Administrator' but in my world these settings are not related to the 'Configurable ODBC'  since no one of these connections are used. You build up you connectionstring in the form getting prompted when editing the 'Configurable ODBC'.

The connection on my server has been alive now for three days (all-time high) since I created a task that reloads every hour and distributes to users found in the 'Configurable ODBC'.

/Andreas