Qlik Community

QlikView Administration

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Announcements
IMPORTANT security patches for GeoAnalytics Server available to download: READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidgold
Contributor III
Contributor III

Document CAL Corruption - Can't Add or Remove Doc CALs

Hello

I'm having trouble adding or removing doc CALs from one of my QlikView apps. When I try to add a new user in the Document CALs tab, I get a message the says "ERROR User name "XXXX " contains leading or trailing spaces. Please correct" Trying to delete this problem user results in the same error message.

This problem started after I upgraded from version 9 to Server version 10 SR1. The server is Windows 2008 64 bit.

I tried stopping QlikView services and removing .PGO files, but the problem and current Doc CALs remain. I would appreciate any ideas for resolving this problem.

Thanks,

David

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
davidgold
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello all.  Thanks for the responses.

There is actually a bug that allowed this problem to occur.  The QEMC allowed the creation of a CAL with a trailing space (also my mistake), but it wouldn't allow its removal. QlikView will issue a fix.

To fix, I stopped all QlikView services and renamed the .pgo files which removed all CAL data.  I then manually added back the CALs.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
erichshiino
Partner
Partner

Try to remove the .meta file associated with the document (it will be on the same directory).

Keep a backup of it, just in case

deepakk
Partner
Partner

hi,

Delete the PGO, meta files , shared files. There will be PGO file in

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Qvs.

Please take a backup of the same

davidgold
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello all.  Thanks for the responses.

There is actually a bug that allowed this problem to occur.  The QEMC allowed the creation of a CAL with a trailing space (also my mistake), but it wouldn't allow its removal. QlikView will issue a fix.

To fix, I stopped all QlikView services and renamed the .pgo files which removed all CAL data.  I then manually added back the CALs.