Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Does anybody know how to use the Java API with Qlikview 10

Hi,

We have a Qlikview server version 10 and I would like to see what it is possible to be done with the Java API.

Unfortunatly, I cannot find any documentation.

I have installed the server in custom mode and the javabean folder is empty and there is not example anywhere.

The support have no clue what I am talking about.

So I hope that somebody from the forum will be able to help me.

From the following announcement the feature should be still here in version 10.

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/technicalbulletin/archive/2010/04/07/qlikview-10-and-java-client.aspx

8 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

There is no functionality of Java Client in QV 10. you can study release notes.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for you answer but I am not talking about the client. I am talking about java as an API

As mentioned in the Qlikview 10 announcement:

"While we plan to eliminate the Java client, two important capabilities are NOT being eliminated. First, is Java as an API on which to extend and build on QlikView. We will continue to support the JavaBeans infrastructure for interoperation between QlikView and J2EE application servers."

suniljain
Master
Master

My Mistake 🙂

you can download Java API of QV 10 from download section.

Not applicable
Author

When I go to the download section I only see java for mobil phone. Do you know if I need a specific licence to be able to download it ? We currently have only the Licence for the server not for the publisher. Is it due to that?

Thank you for your help.

suniljain
Master
Master

if you belongs to customer and partner then only you can download. Pls contact you QV Partner.

if you still have any query . reply me.

Not applicable
Author

Hello

How is your investigation going? We have a similar Problem.

We are currently investigating how do include qlikview 10 in our product. The applications are running as a Java Applet. How would be the best way to integrate this in qlikview?

Maybe Java API could solver our problem?

Do you know the functionality of JAVA API and qlikview 10.

/Regards Kjell Bystedt

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

After few days of effort and some friend help I manage to get the following statement from some people of qlikview:

"We did offer a Java API and four different Java beans in QlikView version 9. Unfortunately these were a casualty of the discontinuation of the Java Client in QV10 (i.e. the required the Java client .jar files), so these are no longer available in QV10.

I would not advise anyone to begin development in 9 using these APIs. We do have a research project underway that may lead to better integration with J2EE in the future, but have nothing specific in v10 today.

You might try the new AJAX API, but that is generally a clients side API where I'm guessing if they are using J2EE that they are looking for a server side Java based integration alternative (which we do not offer today). Even the old v9 Java API and Java Beans were client side so in my experience never worked well for J2EE customers (or at least OEM partners), so their discontinuation may not be too great a loss in this case anyway."

Hopes it clarify the things for you too.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

We have a similar problem. We're creating a Java website which need Qlikview integration to show few qlikview graphs.

For this integration POC between Java and Qlikview we need some sample code to show excatly what needs to be done. I came to know that this can be achieved using Ajax client but the samples came with server installation seems to be based on ASP not on JSP. We will need code samples or examples (may be Ajax client with JSP).

Qlikview Version: 10.0 sr1

If someone already has/been thru similar situation can you please help?

Thank you!