Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lyr_com
Contributor II
Contributor II

Error in the number of CALs assigned

The product and version of QlikView that I am using is: 12.10.20600.0 SR8.

On the QlikView Management Console -> System -> Licenses -> QLikView Server -> Client Access Licenses (CALs) I see that there are 43 Document CALs assigned, out of 60. The problem is that if I sum the CALs asigned to each document, there are 41.

I have been told that this could be is because maybe there were 2 assigned to documents that were erased before releasing their licenses and that there are 2 ways of solving it:

1. Creating documents with the same names, releasing the licenses and erasing the documents again
  2. Erasing all the documents and some server files to release all the licenses and then adding them again (adding also their CALs and Reload Schedule)

Is there any other way of solving this? I dont know the names of the documents that were erased and the second way is very burdensome because I have many documents and all of them have a reload schedule and CALs assigned.

Thank you in advance!

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Have a look at the Qlik Support article/Qlik Fix video How to Recover Document CALs Assigned to a Deleted QVW

You can use the PGO as XML functionality to copy the Document CAL assignments from the CalData.pgo file to XML so you can identify which QVWs have the Document CALs assigned.

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

The first way by creating new dummy-apps with the old application-names mustn't be impossible. Often the apps are deleted without deleting their shared- or log-files and a more or less quick look within your app-folders might discover them.

- Marcus

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Have a look at the Qlik Support article/Qlik Fix video How to Recover Document CALs Assigned to a Deleted QVW

You can use the PGO as XML functionality to copy the Document CAL assignments from the CalData.pgo file to XML so you can identify which QVWs have the Document CALs assigned.

Hope this helps,

Chip

lyr_com
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks a lot! This solved my issue.
lyr_com
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you very much! I could solve one of them like this but not the other one.
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

To follow up, the PGO as XML functionality should be used in a "snapshot" fashion and shouldn't be left on continuously as it may impact QVS performance.
lyr_com
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Okey, thank you! I left it as it was before.