Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CYS_yatsum
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Failed to load .qvw in Qlikview Destkop

I am migrating a Qlikview server which move all .qvw from PROD 1 to PROD 2.

In PROD 1, all .qvw files can be opened in Qlikview Desktop.

However, in PROD 2, all the .qvw files are failed to open.

I have checked that the section access setting is ok. The .qvw can be view in access point for both PROD1 and PROD 2.

The domain name is also the same which is the qvadmin, an administrator on window and qlikview server.

Why I know is this domain account is not the files creator and do not purchase qlikview desktop license but we can use this account to view all documents without limits.

The version for Qlikview Desktop:

PROD 1 - Qlikview for Windows (ver. 12.10.20600.0 SR8)

PROD 1 - Qlikview May 2023 (ver. 12.80.20000.0)

May I know how to solve this issue?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
anat
Master
Master

think so you should lease the license to open any qvw file  using Qlikview desktop.

can you share the error message while opening the qvw file?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @CYS_yatsum,

In order to open any .QVW/.QVF file, QlikView Desktop needs to be licensed. I believe that @anat is correct in that leasing a license from the QlikView Server is the solution. Refer to Qlik Support KB article How to Lease a License from QlikView Server to QlikView Desktop Client for details.

Is the QlikView Server still running v 12.10.20800? If so, you likely won't be able to lease a license to a v12.80.20000 QV Desktop client without first making a configuration change. Refer to Qlik Support KB article Open in Server fails using QlikView Desktop May 2023 or later against earlier version of QlikView Se... on how to make the configuration change.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!