Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hkufeoisu
Contributor III
Contributor III

Failed to update qlik license for a new user

Hi consultant,

We got the error message "Access denied! The server [qlikprod.hku.hk] has no USER CAL for your account..." when updating qlik license for a new user. We have purchased over 100 licenses and around 50 licenses are used. I also checked with the license information in management console, however, I am surprised it only shown 50 count of licenses. Please help

Thanks

Toms

*Remark: We tried to contact Hong Kong Office several time but in vain.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Did you have 50 and are now ordered an additional 50 that you are not seeing?

If so, then you might need to wait for confirmation from Qlik on your purchase being handled. Normally your contact person will recieve an email confirming the new license counts. 

For details about your specific license you need to contact support. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Try to update the license on your QlikView server. It will force your server to check the license againt Qlik license database. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2021/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Licenses_QlikV...

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Did you have 50 and are now ordered an additional 50 that you are not seeing?

If so, then you might need to wait for confirmation from Qlik on your purchase being handled. Normally your contact person will recieve an email confirming the new license counts. 

For details about your specific license you need to contact support. 

hkufeoisu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Vegar,

Yes, we purchased the qlikview license in two batches, but the purchase has been done three years ago. Do you know how to contact Qlik technical support? The one in our location(ie, HONG KONG) has  been closed.

Thanks

Toms

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@hkufeoisu 

I am attaching an article on how to create a case. For license questions you should use the "Account related" option.

If they can't help, it will be sent over to Technical Support

hkufeoisu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Vegar,

It works after I clicked the 'update the license' button in management console. 

Thanks

Toms

hkufeoisu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Maria,

Thanks. It works now after I followed the advice by Vegar

Toms