Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Molrid
Contributor II
Contributor II

Fetching users for payment documents

Hi there

We have a qlikviewserver setup at our work. and i am comfortable to assign and remove licenses. But the thing is that when we got our payment documents (user cals and document cals) we get a column that says "No name" under document cals. 

and if a user has a user cal does that person even need a document cal ?

What and why is that ?

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Molrid,

Can you please provide a fuller description of "...we get a column that says "No name" under document cals." means and perhaps provide screenshots to better illustrate?

Regarding your question if a user has a Named User CAL, does that person need a Document CAL?  No, they don't.  A Document CAL allows the assigned user to open and use that specific QVW on the AccessPoint.  A Named User CAL allows the assigned user to open and use any QVW on the AccessPoint. 

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Molrid
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ofcourse, here is a screenshot of what i mean.

This is a excell doc of a pullout from the server is my best guess(i have not done iot my self) and there is one person on the list that is under document cals, no name and under user cals. but since the document cal is under no name i do not know what document his name is attached to.

Br

Henrik

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Ah, okay I think I know what's going on here.  Check the QMC > Documents > User Documents to see if you have a QVW there listed in all caps like in the below screen capture

Deleted Doc CAL.png

If yes, then likely the QVW you see listed in all caps was deleted/renamed/moved on the Windows side prior to removing a Document CAL from it within the QMC.  So if you do see a QVW listed in all caps, follow the Qlik Support article/video How To Recover Document CALs Assigned To A Deleted QVW.

Best Regards

Molrid
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Awsome, well it would be. First of all there is no all caps document or one that says deleted. Atleast not in my view. second the link you pasted is broken it led to a 404 page.

Br

Henrik

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Okay then, please provide a fuller description of the issue you're facing and how to interpret the screen shot of the .xlsx you posted.

Sorry about the URL returning 404 error.  

Best Regards