cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsujkows
Contributor
Contributor

Force IE Plugin when using IE

Hi,  is there any way for force the user to download and install the IE plugin when the user goes to the Access Point.  We are dealing with an environment where the users can be using either IE or Chrome.  Some users have the plug in installed others may not.  We would like to have a consistent user experience. 

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hi,

You could contact your IT department to deploy the IE Plugin to all your company users. Then, in the QMC on the USer Documents, if you go to a document you can choose the client of it. So, go to the tab named Server, then the tab Vaialability and you can select only IE Client and that will be the only option to open that document. I hope this might lead you to your solution!

Cheers

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

There is another option in addition to Albert's, you can switch the Opendoc.htm page for the Plugin client to use the alternate Opendoc_fix.htm page where you can uncomment the section of code in there that does a version check of the IE Plugin, and if it is not there or not current, will redirect the user to the download link from the server....

It is easiest just to rename the Opendoc.htm to something like Opendoc_orig.htm and then remove the _fix from the other file, but be sure you do the modification on the commented code for the version check first.  You will find these two files in C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewPlugin by default, if you installed to a different path, you will have to adjust for that.

You did not say what version you were running, but be sure to update the version info as well, here is the section that needs updating:

<!--
Uncomment this section and change version if necessary to get automatic plugin installation
<object classid="CLSID:6E1BAAF6-ECB9-4505-86C1-5D04467B02CC" codebase="/QvPlugin/QvPluginSetup.msi#version=10,0,9999,0" viewastext></object>
-->

You just move the --> to the end of 'installation', and then the code will be active, but be sure to update the vesrion=10,0,9999,0 with the correct info, you can get that by doing properties on the qlikocx.ocx file in the same directory you were in to open this file and go to the Details tab there.  Be sure to leave the ,'s though, do not change those to .'s...

I think that is everything, now you have two choices to consider! 🙂

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.