Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Governance Dashboard: Why do you use other system tools (as well)?

I am seeking your feedback on on the QlikView Governance Dashboard 1.0 GA available on QlikMarket and on the QlikView download site.

As you may or may not know, the Governance Dashboard provides visibility into your QlikView deployment, showing operational statistics for server and publisher and also extensive metadata about QVWs, QVDs, QVXs including data lineage, sheet objects, expressions, etc.

For those currently using the Dashboard (or who have deliberately chosen not to use the Dashboard), I am interested in knowing why you use other tools (e.g. Ops Monitor, MetaScanner, or a home grown/other tool(s)) to monitor and manage your QlikView deployment.  Any feedback and questions would be great! I will use this feedback in prioritizing and, where needed, augmenting open requests for future releases of the Dashboard.

Thank you! Gracias! Obrigado!

Tyler

4 Replies
mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II

HI Tyler,

did you ever get anywhere on this? We have just had qlikview setup here. I've installed the governance dashboard, but was also wondering what other tools we should use to manage our deployment.

cheers, mike

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee
Author

I received various answers regarding the nice things about the currently-available Governance Dashboard as well as some items that are missing from it that are found in other tools.  My intent of soliciting feedback was to help in prioritizing improvements to the Governance Dashboard for the next release (TBD) - and I believe the feedback was helpful in guiding my efforts.  The next release will include many long-desired improvements!

Concerning what other tools you should use to manage your deployment, I am a bit biased to say to just stick with the Governance Dashboard.  However, in its current state, the Dashboard will not provide you the best license monitoring or server monitoring capability, so you might desire an additional tool (for example the System Monitor).  If you are working with a consultant or QlikView architect, you might ask him or her what they prefer. Or, hold tight until the next release of the Governance Dashboard (for which the release date is still being discussed ).

alan_richmond
Creator
Creator

How can we download the Governance Dashboard?

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee
Author

You download it from the main Qlik download site: QlikView download site.

(I believe you will need to log in to get the list of downloads.

Tyler