Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkozisek5r
Contributor III
Contributor III

Governance Dashboard & Upgrade to November 2018 SR1

I recently upgraded to the QlikView November 2018 SR1 release from November 2017 SR5.  I have been using the Governance Dashboard 2.0, however when i went to update it after the upgrade it now shows a Number value as the authenticated user instead of the user credentials.  In addition, after the upgrade date it does not show the document names. Did i miss something during the upgrade that made it not show the associated document & user with the login?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hi,

To check this you need to go to the QMC --> QlikView Server --> Logging tab and Split files.
As the version 12.30 add an extra column in some logs if them are not split could make the governance dashboard to load the wrong data for a certain field.

Try to split daily and see if it gets the new data properly.

Cheers!
Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hi,
One thing I would check if is the logs split daily or not. Plus, it would be good to know if the wrong data is only for data after the upgrade or fall all the data the GD is loading.
KB

bkozisek5r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The incorrect data is only after the upgrade, all data prior to the upgrade is still showing the user name as expected.  I have attached an example of what I'm seeing from before upgrade and then after in a current refresh of the data. 

How would I check to see if the logs are splitting daily?

Thanks for the help

Albert_Candelario

Hi,

To check this you need to go to the QMC --> QlikView Server --> Logging tab and Split files.
As the version 12.30 add an extra column in some logs if them are not split could make the governance dashboard to load the wrong data for a certain field.

Try to split daily and see if it gets the new data properly.

Cheers!
bkozisek5r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you, I have set I to split the log daily so we will see if that helps.  I also found and have attached an example of what the log looks like, you can see in the screen shot where the upgrade happened and it does appear to have added a new column at the beginning in the log and shifted all data.  I'm not sure if this will give you an idea of something else that might need to be changed.  I will try updating again tomorrow and see if I can see data as expected in the Governance Dashboard for this afternoon and tomorrow morning. 

Albert_Candelario

Yes, QlikView 12.30 adds an extra column, session_id. So, if your logs are not split then this will impact the QD.
BR!
bkozisek5r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry to keep bothering you, I'm not sure I did this properly.  I changed the Split Files on the Logging tab for the QlikView Servers to be Daily.  However it didn't seem to have changed the results.  I have attached a few screen shots of what my current settings are and what the logging looks like. I made the change  yesterday mid morning, so I expected to see a change as of midnight last night. 

Please let me know if I missed a step.

Albert_Candelario

Hi,
Did you check if the logs have been created daily? If not, kindly restart the QVS service.
Cheers!
Albert_Candelario

Thanks for marking my previous comment as the correct solution!
Enjoy Qlik products!