Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help switching to tunnelling

Hi Folks

I have a QlikView server that is running IIS and is behind a firewall where we have no opportunity to open port 4747.

I "believe" I need to switch to tunnelling mode for the IE-Plugin client to work in this environment, 2 questions:

1. Am I correct in my understanding, do we have to switch to tunnelling?

2. Does anybody have any documentation that would take me step by step through the process of switching over to tunneling on an IIS environment.

Also, does anybody know anything about the QlikView Server Setting Service, I've seen this mentioned on the community but I've never seen the service, is it introduced in V11?

Thanks for any help,

12 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Kevin,

You can always use (FromRequest)  for the link machine name. With the quotes around it.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
ksmccann
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Thanks Bill. The issue was actually resolved by manually adding 2 registry keys on the web server that don’t get generated by default. Once I did that the tunneling error was resolved.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Kevin, may I ask what registry keys were added?