cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with getting the Edx Task execution status

Hi,

I have created a task chain in the Qlik console where there are multiple tasks triggered by a parent task. I need to run the parent task using a .Net application for which I am using EdX and have changed the settings for the parent task to handle external triggers.

I am triggering only the parent task using .Net and the task chain execution is initiated. As soon as the parent task is complete, I get the execution status of the parent task as Complete. But it does not wait for the subsequent tasks to get complete. If any of the subsequent tasks fail, the parent task should ideally fail but in my case I am unable to capture the execution result of the child tasks through my .Net code.

Is there any way in which I can make the parent task to wait and return the execution status as complete/failed depending on the  execution of all the child tasks in the chain ?

1 Reply
wojciechd
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,
I don't think there is a way to do this. At least EDX documentation doesn't cover this.
A workaround would be to trigger each task with a separate EDX trigger based on previous EDX execution status, handling the chain logic in VB code as opposed to QMC.

Regards,