Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I maintain the Custom User passwords when migrating the directory to a new server?

I am in the process of migrating an existing custom user directory from one server (running V10) to a new server (running V11.2). I have installed and set up the new server and copied the CustomDirectoryData.xml file. I open QMC and browse the Users tab under System Setup ... Directory Service Connectors ... DSC ... Custom Directory. I can see all my users and groups were migrated over.

When I try to login with a known user and password, however, it fails to authenticate. I opened the CustomDirectoryData.xml file and noticed that the <Password> hash is different than it was in the same file on my old server. I can manually update the password in QMC and this resolves the issue, but I really do not wish to do this for 100 users.

I'm not sure if this is due to:

1. The change from QV10 to QV11.2

2. The password hash is based on the server name and therefore needs to be reset when migrating to a new server

3. I don't think this is the case, but maybe the PGO or META files from the previous server can affect the Custom User passwords?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

UPDATE 20AUG13: This was submitted to QT Support. Here is the reply:

“ Unfortunately this is working as designed. R&D changed how the passwords are hashed for Custom users between version 10 and 11. In version 11 they switched to a much more complicated and secure hash, and since hashing is a one-way operation, QlikView cannot convert the passwords.

The only option here is to manually enter every user's password.”