Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2marlin
Contributor
Contributor

How o display a user provided dashboard without running it

Hi,

New to qlikview - been given the task of looking after it. We have some dashboards that a user will populate from their own instance and then provide it to us complete. We normally place it in the filesystem and then they can view it. We cant run it from the server because the server cannot access the data so it cant be run

Is there a way to show it with its loaded data without running it in the console?

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you just place the QVW in the access point folder it should be visible.  You may have to tweak the security.  A couple of questions:

1. Using QV Publisher or not?

2. NT or DMS security option?

-Rob

2marlin
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Its in a directory structure by application. Access is through internet explorer to the webserver. Just placing it didnt show anything then i tried running a blank one with the same name and then replacing the file. Now i see the blank one in the viewer even though i have replaced the file

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The visibility is about the permissions.  If the current user has read access then the app will display.  The permissions can be further filtered by Section Access in the application.  So either the app provided to you had Section Access or the file permissions when you copied it in were not correct.

Are you using Publisher?

-Rob