cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How to check log when opening qvw in QlikView AccessPoint

When I open AccessPoint's qvw in QlikView and take a click or other motion it doesn't work.

Why is this?

Please tell me if there is a way to check.
thanks.

Also, I want to check the log when opening qvw, how can I check it?
please how
thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dan-Kenobi
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @qwebnm.

So, if I got your problem correctly, you're using QlikView Desktop to open a QVW file from the UserDocument Mount Point. We're talking about a QV App that was successfully reloaded and published by the QMC, right? 

Assuming this is the case - and alos assuming there is not reduce or Section Access involved - I would think your QV Desktop Version is not the same as your Qlikview Server version. Please ensure both are on the same version.

Next option would be related to QVW size and your Available RAM. If your QVW is too large, you'll have problems manipulating it on Desktop. You can do it, but it gets absurdly slow. Let us know how much RAM you have and how big is your QVW.

If version checks out, and app is not large in comparison to your RAM, please try to do the same operation on another computer, and let us know how it goes. This would rule out anything that's specific to your workstation.

Now, the logs is a whole other thing. I don't think you can get any logs from QlikView Desktop that's not related to the reload script. If you suspect something on the machine you're opening the QVW on, please check your Windows Event Viewer if anything stands out, and we might want to go from there.

Thank you and let us know how it goes --

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qwebnm,

Sorry, but I don't understand what the issue is here you're describing. Can you provide greater context and screen captures to demonstrate your problem a bit better? Thanks!

What log are you referring to?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Dan-Kenobi

Hi @qwebnm.

So, if I got your problem correctly, you're using QlikView Desktop to open a QVW file from the UserDocument Mount Point. We're talking about a QV App that was successfully reloaded and published by the QMC, right? 

Assuming this is the case - and alos assuming there is not reduce or Section Access involved - I would think your QV Desktop Version is not the same as your Qlikview Server version. Please ensure both are on the same version.

Next option would be related to QVW size and your Available RAM. If your QVW is too large, you'll have problems manipulating it on Desktop. You can do it, but it gets absurdly slow. Let us know how much RAM you have and how big is your QVW.

If version checks out, and app is not large in comparison to your RAM, please try to do the same operation on another computer, and let us know how it goes. This would rule out anything that's specific to your workstation.

Now, the logs is a whole other thing. I don't think you can get any logs from QlikView Desktop that's not related to the reload script. If you suspect something on the machine you're opening the QVW on, please check your Windows Event Viewer if anything stands out, and we might want to go from there.

Thank you and let us know how it goes --

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@qwebnm,

Can you provide an update?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!