Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chinnuchinni
Creator III
Creator III

How to provide the access to loop and reduced document

Hi all,

I have a application called ABC.qvw, 

with published , i was reduced the applications ABC1.qvw ,Abc2.qvw and ABC3 .qvw.

Now the user want the access to ABC3.qvw.

How can provide the access to that application to perticular user.

I was checked the distribution tab as well.in distribution tab there was a one group assigned.

urgent rply need. 

can any one please help me on this.

Regards

PC

Labels (2)
4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

What is your security method - DMS or NTFS ? In case of DMS security , you should see those reduced applications in the user document tab wherein you could set the access to whom to provide.
chinnuchinni
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It is NTFS authentication

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Then use windows security - file =>properties->security
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you have the users in the data model of the app as well and they are linked to the rest of the data model, you can do both the Loop and Reduce and Loop and Distribute option in which case the distribution will set the correct users, but you have to have the users in the data model etc. for that to work.

The thing of which I was unsure was if different users needed access to each app etc., as if so, then the other thing you could do is change your Loop and Reduce to Static Reduce instead and run three separate distribution tasks to distribute to the correct users for each reduction value.  That may save you time here.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.