Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to restrict view of a published document

Hi ,

we had created 3 type of reports one is MIS another one is Accounts and another one is HR doc's. We published these three doc's in our server. the problem is all these three docs are displaying in user login but what we need is it should not show all docs to everyone for eg: HR department should view only the doc which are published to them and accounts team should not view the doc which is published to management how to restrict this by creating a group or by creating a folder??

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

As there is no correct answer provided to this post, the sever reference manual dose not provide guide for the visibility of specific windows user/group to a .qvw file in the access point, and it also took me some time to figure it out. So I provide the other link here. That is the correct answer, and the key part is related to the security set on the local folder/.qvw file in your machine: right click on the folder/.qvw file->select the Properties-> Security tab->Remove User group, add the group/user that available to the .qvw

And for my case, the User group can not be removed, so need to do it the other way around. I added all the group that can not see the .qvw in the access point, and select "Deny" for the permissions for "Full control"

Not applicable
Author

Can I now use dynamic doc cal assignment when I have set the user groups?