Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidlee
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to reveal [Add] button in QMC->QlikView Servers->Url

How to reveal [Add] button in QMC->QlikView Servers->Url ?

davidlee_0-1646750313173.png

davidlee_1-1646750384254.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hi @davidlee,

I have set an environment with May 2021 SR2 and with a muli node license. In that condition I do have the "add" button.

I've requested our license team to provide me a test internal license with single node only. 

I've applied it to my environment and then I could see the "add" button disapeared.

Which makes sense as I shoudn't be able to add a node with this single node license.

Regards,

Benoit

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hi @davidlee,

Have you tried with another browser like Chrome ?

Did you check if your license allow several QVS ?

davidlee
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I tried Chrome but no access right.

The license should be allow for more than 1 node, how to discern it?

And may I know is the [Add] button related with the license part or any others potential way of configuration such as account privilege?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @davidlee,

From QlikView online Help entry Requirements for Clustered QlikView Deployment 

Clustered QlikView Server License Key

In a clustered environment, the QlikView Server machines are installed with the same license key, which must be enabled for clustering. This can be checked confirmed by examining the following entry in the License Enabler File (LEF):

NUMBER_OF_CLUSTER_NODES; 2 (number of nodes in the cluster)

Use the Manual LEF Checker to review what is provisioned for your QlikView Server license.  Enter your 16-digit license and look for the NUMBER_OF_CLUSTER_NODES; 2 entry.  The value (2) must be greater than 1 to support QVS clustering.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
davidlee
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky 

May I know the [Add] button will be revealed after applied a Cluster license as sure or as proven?

We would like to clarify this point if community have this experience.

Many thanks.

Regards

Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hi @davidlee,

I have set an environment with May 2021 SR2 and with a muli node license. In that condition I do have the "add" button.

I've requested our license team to provide me a test internal license with single node only. 

I've applied it to my environment and then I could see the "add" button disapeared.

Which makes sense as I shoudn't be able to add a node with this single node license.

Regards,

Benoit

davidlee
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Benoit_C 

Many thanks for your information.

Another clarify area that is what if we have 2 types of licenses single and cluster, single is planned to apply and DEV/UAT environment, and cluster is planned to apply in PROD environment. And we would like to do a cluster POC (Proof of concept) in DEV/UAT, could we apply the cluster license to DEV/UAT environment and switch back to single after finished the POC and apply the cluster license to PROD environment finally?

Thank you.

Regards

Benoit_C
Support
Support

@davidlee, you shouldn't do that and for this situation I recommend you to talk with your Qlik Account Manager which could provide you an evaluation license for the time of your POC.

For more information about the license term you can check below PDF:

https://www.qlik.com/us/-/media/files/legal/license-agreements/qlikview/qlikview-license-metrics-en....