Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to troubleshoot scheduled reloads?

I am a QlikView newbie and trying to find my way around.

I have a QlikView server setup on on a single server (version 9). All the services appear to be running properly.

For a given qvw document, I have the reload schedule configured to "Every 0 hours and 10 minutes" in the QlikView Management Console.

However the scheduled reload does not appear to be working. The reload only works when I manually click "Reload Now" in QlikView Management Console.

I have the log level set to "Debug Logging" under the QlikView Server Settings tab. I can see that debug logs are written to my log folder path when the reload occurs - under a Qlikview Distribution Service\1\Log\20101006\120245 - _Reload Now_ of GS ATC Dashboard.qvw\TaskView.txt. But there are only logs for the manual reloads I have done - not the scheduled ones.

The data in the qvw is only as recent as the manual reload; the timestamp of the file reflects when the manual reload occurred.

I don't see any other logging that indicates errors when the scheduling piece kicks off. It is if it were not running at all?

What service or task, handles the scheduling piece? I already have the Qlikview Distribution Service running - does it kick out any logs that I need to look at?

Is there a certain permission that needs to be applied to a particular service, file or component?

How should I troubleshoot why the scheduled reload is not occurring?

Is there a specific section in the documentation I should be referring to?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I recently had the same problem with Scheduled tasks not reloading from QV Server.

I eventually found out that the Qlikview Distribution Service, wasn't logged in as the Administrator, so it had the wrong persmissions.

Make sure you have the right permissions set-up in 'Services', then restart the services and try again.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Xena -

Which windows groups does your "ruskin\lib_admin" user belong to?

The user that I have running that service belongs to the local Administrator's group as well as the QlikView Adminstrator's group.

If there are logs that the service generates that might indicate a permissions issue - where might I find those?

Not applicable
Author

Wanted to bump this one. Can anyone provide any guidance on running the scheduled reloads in QlikView Server?