Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabio_ribeiro
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

How to unify Qlikview and Qlik Sense users with SAML authentication?

Hi Qlik Experts, good morning.

I am in an unusual situation and I would like to count on your support and expertise.
We have a customer who wants to unify their Qlikview and Qlik Sense licenses. However, users who are in Qlik Sense authenticate to Qlik Sense with their email and password (SAML authentication method, with users managed in Azure AD). However, users in Qlikview authenticate with their username and password (domain / username) which is managed by the internal Active Directory which is synchronized with Azure AD.
To summarize the case: The same user uses both Qlik Sense and Qlikview, but he enters the system with different credentials for each environment.
The problem is that for the unified license to work, the access credential must be the same and as we well know Qlikview does not support SAML authentication.
Given this scenario I ask, has anyone ever had a similar situation? What do you suggest to get around this issue?

Thank you very much in advance.

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Only easy way of which I can see would be to use the new functionality in 12.50 track to put the QVW files in the Sense Hub, I would get in touch with your partner manager regarding the Analytics Modernization Program to have a discussion around things there, as this would require move to SaaS for the Sense side.  The only other way to accomplish things would be a custom frontend that passes back a header with the value needed in QlikView side to have things match up via QVS running in DMS security mode I believe.  That may get you on the right path, but I would highly recommend reaching out to partner manager on this one to see if they can connect you with someone they know has done this that can potentially work jointly with you to see if there is a better solution to the integration challenges.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
boguslaw_gmitru
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

@fabio_ribeiro did you manage to find solution for your problem? I'm facing similar challenge, with plan to implement custom authentication module in QlikView. 

What did you do, I will be thankful for any advice?