Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtj02080208
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I want to ask about the plugin installation popup in QlikView AccessPoint.

1. Even after the plug-in is installed, the installation pop-up continues to appear.

2. The QlikView server is version 12.40 and the plugin is 12.20, but when I open the qvw file in AccessPoint this window appears without the plugin update popup. What should I do?

Since opendoc.htm has been modified, please check the source code as well.

Any solution?

Check, Please reply as soon as possible.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @jtj02080208 , there is currently no option for users to perform an automated (or semi-automated) plugin upgrade.

You can, however, use any software distribution tool that you might be using in your company to check which plugin version is installed in your userbase, remove the old ones and replace them with the new ones. You will need to check with your software distribution tool vendor to know how to do that. The installation path for the .ocx is C:\Program Files\QlikView\QvPlugin

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @jtj02080208 
The solution of editing the opendoc.txt file for upgrading the plugin was discontinued sometime in the past (I think with 12.00 or 12.10) because of changes in the product. So, it is expected that it doesn't work.
Are you having problems with installing the plugin manually?

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
jtj02080208
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Upgraded qlikview server from 12.20.20500.0 to 12.40.20100.0.

After that, when using accesspoint, customers who use the 12.20.20500.0 version of plug-in want to display and install the upgrade pop-up guide window, not manual installation.

Is there any way to do it?

Please answer me.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @jtj02080208 , there is currently no option for users to perform an automated (or semi-automated) plugin upgrade.

You can, however, use any software distribution tool that you might be using in your company to check which plugin version is installed in your userbase, remove the old ones and replace them with the new ones. You will need to check with your software distribution tool vendor to know how to do that. The installation path for the .ocx is C:\Program Files\QlikView\QvPlugin

jtj02080208
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

What do you mean by all the software distribution tools available in your company?

can you give me details?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @jtj02080208 ,

How do you distribute software to your userbase? Most companies use centralised deployment solutions, like Microsoft Configuration Manager, PDQ Deploy, Symantec Altiris, and so on.