Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carlo_Romagnano
Contributor II
Contributor II

Input box: impossible to open the edit box if zoom is less than 100% and no security flags enabled on the sheet.

Zoom less than 100% is fatal to qlikview. In addition to the problem of the font size on some objects (search box, input box), if you try to open the edit box of an "input box" (click on the three points button), qlikview activate the second folder if zoom is less than 100%. AND all security checkbox are disabled on the sheet. Try the attached example.

Steps to reproduce the problem (any version 32/64 bit):

1. Create a new qlikview document on your disk.
  2. Save it.
  3. Add the "Input box" on the sheet.
  4. Add another sheet.
  5. Select the first sheet (with the input box)
  6. Open properties of the sheet and deselect all security flags and confirm.
  7. Reduce the zoom: from menu->View->Zoom->75%
  8. Now try to open the edit box by clicking on the three points button: the second sheet is activated.

P.S. if the secuirty flags "Move/Copy Sheet Objects" is enabled, then the edit box opens correctly. Is there a solution other than this?

See the attached document to try.

Labels (1)
  • Other

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I see the issue, but it is all I can do to get the mouse pointer to hit the three dots. Why would you want to create an app with the zoom at that level?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Carlo_Romagnano
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Bill, on some screen 4k laptop, Windows scales out the font size to 200% (two hundred) by default (you can't change it because characters become tiny and unreadable). So, I should change the zoom of qlikview to see it correct. But in this case it trigs the bugs described above. In addition I can't enable security on the sheet, because I do not want people to change dimension and position of the objects.

marcus_sommer

Beside defining a fixed % zoom did you try to apply the zoom-option to fit to the screen? In my attempt the bug didn't happens but I'm not sure if it's suitable for your 4k scenario.

Another question what is aim behind these security-measures? Maybe some of the concerns could be solved with the object-properties and/or the document-properties (for example preventing that the user could save the application to make any changes persistent) and/or applying a section access (if the aim is preventing the user for accessing certain data). Maybe there are some other approaches, too ...

- Marcus

Carlo_Romagnano
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Marcus, when we upgraded from 32 bit to 64 bit version of QlikView, we had problems with font size (I already open a ticket to the support, but they didn't solve yet). So, on open event, we trig the command "ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet.FitZoomToWindow". In some cases the zoom is less than 100% and the problem arises. Marcus, assume that all security settings work very well for us.

marcus_sommer

Just tried it again and if I enable moving/sizing of the objects within the sheet properties and disabling this feature within the object-properties the bug didn't appear and the objects couldn't further not be moved/sized.

Beside this I do believe you that your security measures fulfill your purposes but which kind of wrongdoing from the users should be prevented? Maybe there are any alternatives approaches thinkable ...

- Marcus