cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Inquiry about Permanent License.

Hello, I am writing this email to inquire about the license.

If possible, I would appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:

1. If my current license is a permanent license, why is there an expiration date written on it?

2. Also, is there a reason why I need to renew the license every year or periodically after the expiration date?

3. Lastly, if my license is a permanent license, why am I receiving an alert that my license has expired on QMC?qwebnm_0-1681175578417.png

If possible, please respond.

Best regards.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@qwebnm

There are no permanent licenses for QlikView. If one of my collogues in the Qlik Support team told you that, it has to have been a misunderstanding or a mistake was made.

So I have to kindly direct you back to your account manager to discuss.

View solution in original post

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

@qwebnm The first day of April 2021 marked the end of perpetual licenses (QV, QS etc). Customers who want to expand must, however, do so through a subscription. Even though Qlik is not pushing customers to switch to a subscription model, many clients opt to completely switch over in order to simplify product licensing.

Please get in touch with your Qlik Partner Manager, though, for more information.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@qwebnm 

As far as I know, there have never been any permanent licenses. You have always had to renew it on an interval.

I suggest you contact you account manager to discuss.

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I have been informed by the Qlik support team that I have a permanent license. However, there is an expiration date for the license. Can you explain why it is necessary to renew the license at regular intervals? Also, can you explain why warnings appear in the QMC?

If possible, I would appreciate an answer. Thank you.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@qwebnm

There are no permanent licenses for QlikView. If one of my collogues in the Qlik Support team told you that, it has to have been a misunderstanding or a mistake was made.

So I have to kindly direct you back to your account manager to discuss.

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

@qwebnm The first day of April 2021 marked the end of perpetual licenses (QV, QS etc). Customers who want to expand must, however, do so through a subscription. Even though Qlik is not pushing customers to switch to a subscription model, many clients opt to completely switch over in order to simplify product licensing.

Please get in touch with your Qlik Partner Manager, though, for more information.