Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Is it possible to trigger tasks between different QDSs?

Hi,

I'd like to know whether it is possible in 11.2 to trigger tasks between unclustered QDSs (Distribution services) but within the same setup (one QMC)?

The idea behind considering unclustered QDSs, is to ensure high priority tasks always run at scheduled times regardless of the free available engines.

Would be something like:

QDS1: - priority scheduled tasks

QDS2: - large number of tasks running triggered by users

- large number of tasks running triggered by tasks on QDS1

Regards,

Telmo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Of course this can be done. Use the common supporting task/EDX task launch trick as documented here (item 1): Re: Trigger dependency from one server task to another server task

It's a bit more work than the QV12 feature that Magnus is announcing but it still works.

Peter

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to run tasks in QDS1 and QDS2 simultaneously. This scenario can only be achieved if you are having two QMCs set up in each publisher server i.e. one in QDS1 and another in QDS2.

Regards,

Sakir

tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Sakir,

Not sure if I was clear. The objective is to use Task1 on QDS1 to trigger Task2 on QDS2 after Task1 is successful..

Not applicable

Hi Telmo

This is not possible today. However in QV12.10 there will be a new feature called QDS Load Balancer which enables you to exactly this.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Of course this can be done. Use the common supporting task/EDX task launch trick as documented here (item 1): Re: Trigger dependency from one server task to another server task

It's a bit more work than the QV12 feature that Magnus is announcing but it still works.

Peter

Not applicable

You are spot on Peter.

Love the creativity you guys have in the field.

Keep up the good work.

tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Peter.