Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonip_78
Partner - Contributor III

Last Updated Time On AccessPoint

Hi,

Clean install of QV Server Enterprise 12.80 on Server 2019.

Last Updated time on documents in AccessPoint is off by couple of hours. For example document reload was 21.23 and it is shown correctly on QMC but in AccessPoint it shows 18.23. Server time is correct 21.23. Anyone know where this time comes from?

This has been a problem since users complain that their documents haven't been updated for couple of hours.

If this is not something that can't be fixed, can we remove the time on AccessPoint?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure but I think the timestamp comes either from the reloadtime() of the application (which would be defined from distribution engine or if the task triggers any batches this from their environment) or from the filetime() which means the one from the storage-system.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
marcus_sommer

Does really all server services run in the same time-zone?

jonip_78
Author

As far as I know. I've understood that this time in AccessPoint comes from Server but I don't understand where exactly as nothing seems to be on that time zone.

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure but I think the timestamp comes either from the reloadtime() of the application (which would be defined from distribution engine or if the task triggers any batches this from their environment) or from the filetime() which means the one from the storage-system.

jonip_78
Author

Thank you! I tested this and it comes from FileTime.

FileTime 05.51
ReloadTime 08.51 < Correct

jonip_78
Author

One more question. I now know where it comes from but is this something we can fix?

On QV document FileTime() shows 05.51 (UTC). If I check the file on disk it has Date Last Modified 08.51 (UTC +3). I'm confused that does AccessPoint always show UTC even though on the Server settings time is configured as UTC+3?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2023/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/FileFun...

marcus_sommer

I don't know if such setting exists and how it might named and where it might be. Before looking in various config-files you should try to search for it here in the community. I doubt that you would be the first one with this kind of issue.

jonip_78
Author

It seems to be by design now. I don't understand why they would change the function like this.

"So I just noticed in help that the function changed from May 2021 - link  to May 2022 - link . 

Now the function displays the UTC time instead of the actual time when the file was modified. Why was this changed?"

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Administration/Filetime-in-QMC-different-from-Filetime-in-Des...

jonip_78
Author

Maybe there was a good reason to change the function, but no one thought that it would also change the last updated time displayed in AccessPoint.