cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barryharmsen
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Logging Administrator logon

Is there any way to create an audit trail of (document) administrator logons via QMC?

I've already turned on QMS/QVPR audit logging by modifying QVManagementService.exe.config, however I cannot find these events registered anywhere in any of the log files (maybe I'm not looking right). I know that I could fetch some of the information from the Windows Security log, but that only tells me that a particular user has logged into the server, not that he/she logged into QMC. Any tips. would be appreciated.

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Barry,

Once you enable the Audit log setting in the QVManagementService.exe.config file you'll get an AuditLog folder under the Application Data Folder for the ManagementService.  Once you start making edits or adding task in the QMC different folders are created (hit Apply in the QMC) to capture the changes.  In my environment I'm seeing the Authenticated user being captured.

Hope this helps.

Eric

AuditLogFolder.JPG.jpg

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

I was looking for this information. Will it provide the details like who has executed the task in the QMC?

barryharmsen
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Eric,

Thanks, but I am already aware of those options. What I was looking for specifically is capturing when an administrator logs onto the QMC, regardless of if they make any changes.

Kind regards,

Barry

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I guess this may be tricky, as a QlikView Administrator never really logs onto the QMC. Administrators are simply allowed to view pages by the builtin QMS web server, based on their existing AD authentication and local group membership. I think the QMC doesn't even know whether you interrupted your session if you went away for a day between page views.

This may prove to be a hassle...

In any case, good luck,

Peter