Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mail Bookmark as Link Configuration

I'm trying to enable the Mail Bookmark as Link functionality, while disabling the ability for users to create server objects. 

With QV 10 SR3, I was able to get this working by enabling server objects in the QEMC, but disabling them in the document.  However, after upgrading to QV 10 SR4, the functionality no longer worked.

The only way I have been able to get the Mail Bookmark as Link functionality to work with SR4 is to enable server bookmarks, both in the server and also in the document itself.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

We were able to get the Mail Bookmark as Link functionality to work, while disabling the ability for users to create Server Objects with the following settings;

In the .QVW:

Enable Allow Server Objects checkbox in the Document Properties->Server tab

Disable the Add Sheet Objects checkbox in the Sheet Properties->Security tab

In the QEMC:

System->Setup->QlikView Server->Documents

Enable the Allow server objects and Allow anonymous server bookmarks checkboxes

Documents->Source Documents

In tasks, under the Server->Server Objects tab, enable the All button on the Permission to Create Server Objects section.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

We were able to get the Mail Bookmark as Link functionality to work, while disabling the ability for users to create Server Objects with the following settings;

In the .QVW:

Enable Allow Server Objects checkbox in the Document Properties->Server tab

Disable the Add Sheet Objects checkbox in the Sheet Properties->Security tab

In the QEMC:

System->Setup->QlikView Server->Documents

Enable the Allow server objects and Allow anonymous server bookmarks checkboxes

Documents->Source Documents

In tasks, under the Server->Server Objects tab, enable the All button on the Permission to Create Server Objects section.