Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Meta file isn't created on reload/distribute task

I'm running into an issue where when I create a task to reload and distribute an app it doesn't generate a .meta file.  I'm running QV 11.2 the authorization is set to DMS.  The task is setup to distribute to a path and give several named user access.  The task runs correctly without any errors,  When I look at the app in user documents and go to authorizations the named users I want don't show, it comes up blank.  When I look in the published folder the app is there and a .shared file is there, but there is no .meta file.  When I look at the permissions on the app the named users I want added are there.  I haven't run into this issue before and it is a bit annoying because if I want the user to have access I have to add them in QMC in the user documents section.  Once I add them, then the .meta file is created.  Just not sure why the task isn't generating this file since it is apparently actually giving the users I want permission to the app file.

Thanks

Jeremy

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Jeremy, you can still choose what folder to distribute to, only thing is you add that folder as a mount to the QlikView Server and then choose to distribute to the specific mount. And that way the meta file will be created when you distribute.