Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicoSack
Contributor
Contributor

Migration from an old 2012R2 server with 11.2 SR6 to a brand new 2022 with QlikView Server 12.7 SR2

Hi everybody !

We plan to migrate our old server to a new one. Can i install the new one, install the 12.7 and convert the app files ? Or i should start to install the old version on the new server and upgrade it ? In this case, can i directly update the 11.2 SR6 to  12.7 SR2 ?

Thanky you by advance, have a nice day !

Nicolas

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@NicoSack 

First step would be to review this article, it has information and links to explain this.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/QlikView-11-20-End-of-Support-Upgrade-Known-...

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @NicoSack,

In addition to @Maria_Halley's great point, be sure that you review the Release Notes for all the versions in between 11.20 SR6 and 12.70. 11.20 SR6 was released in April 2014, so QlikView has gone through quite a few changes since then.

Suggest that you upgrade a test environment first to ensure that your apps all work prior to upgrading your production environment.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@NicoSack 

First step would be to review this article, it has information and links to explain this.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/QlikView-11-20-End-of-Support-Upgrade-Known-...

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @NicoSack,

In addition to @Maria_Halley's great point, be sure that you review the Release Notes for all the versions in between 11.20 SR6 and 12.70. 11.20 SR6 was released in April 2014, so QlikView has gone through quite a few changes since then.

Suggest that you upgrade a test environment first to ensure that your apps all work prior to upgrading your production environment.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!