Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LMFHolland
Contributor II
Contributor II

New Domain

We use AD Security Groups to control access to our QV Dashboards.

We have an on prim server and we have a typical setup, I believe.

03.Applications
      SubFolder1 - in the security for this folder is an AD security group with a set of users that can access it
      SubFolder2 - in the security for this folder is a different AD security group with a different set of users that can access it.

We are migrating to a new domain.  I have a dev server on this new domain and I've upgraded the QV server with the latest version.  All of my folders within the 03.Applications folder works EXCEPT ONE.  Meaning, I have a user log onto the dev server and they can see all their dashboards except for this one particular one. 

I've tried all sorts of different scenarios (adding the user directly to the security on the folder, copy a folder that is working and rename it and give it the proper security.)

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to get this darn thing working?

EDIT TO ADD: Apparently it isn't the folder or the AD security group.  I copied another dashboard that was working and plopped it in the folder and it showed up.  But I STILL can't get the original one to show.  Are there settings in the document itself that can prevent it from displaying?

EDIT TO ADD #2: This dashboard does have section access.  But I have two others with section access and am not having an issue with them displaying in the access point.  However, just to rule it out, I disabled section access and it did not change anything.  Does anyone know of any settings in the document itself that could be preventing it from showing in the access point for this new Domain?  It works fine in our current domain.

Labels (1)
8 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello,

1. Sometimes there can be permissions corruption on the folder.
2. If a newly created folder with the files work, then I would just recreate the folder.
3. You can check the effective permissions on the folder for specific users.

https://www.ntfs.com/ntfs-permissions-file-effective.htm#:~:text=To%20see%20effective%20permissions%....
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@LMFHolland,

Is there a full, two-way trust between the two domains?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
LMFHolland
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

No, but I'm working soley in the new domain.  We moved the dev server over and I'm using a PC that has been moved as well.  I was able to save a different dashboard in the folder in question and it displayed.  So it isn't the folder or the security group.  I think it is the dashboard itself.  The dashboard does have section access applied but I have 3 dashboards with section access and the other two show as they should.  Plus, section access shouldn't prevent the dashboard from just not showing in the access point.

LMFHolland
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I've created a brand new folder and I've also copied and existing folder that is working and the dashboard still doesn't show.  I then copied another dashboard that is working, put it in the folder in question and it showed up, so it has to be something about the dashboard itself.

OH - I CAN see it though.  But I can see all dashboards because I'm an admin (I'm assuming).

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@LMFHolland,

Suggest you rule out Section Access as the root cause. Make a copy of the app, disable Section Access then place this app on AccessPoint and test.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
LMFHolland
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I will try this just to rule it out.  WFH right now and the PC I have won't let me log onto the other domain, so I'll have to try when I'm back in the office or I can get my testing PC.  If this doesn't make a difference, do you have any other suggestions?  Thank you so much!

LMFHolland
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I disabled section access and it is still not showing.  As mentioned before, I copied another dashboard that is working and put it in the folder with the dashboard that isn't showing and that copied dashboard shows up, so there has to be some sort of setting in the document that is preventing it from showing - i just don't know what it is...

marcus_sommer

Maybe a reverse approach in checking the visibility and access of the applications might be helpful. Means to create a new dummy-app without a real content maybe just a few inline-records within a complete new folder which is nearest to the root as possible - and enabling the access to everyone without any restriction and mounting this folder within the qmc to make it accessible for the access point.

What happens now? If admin and normal users get access you may move the folder step by step deeper and/or adding more access-rules and if it didn't work something within your group policies and/or the trust between the domains are preventing the access.