Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schefflera
Contributor III
Contributor III

Performance and CPU/RAM Usage

Hey Folks,

I am running Qlikview on my Workstation to test new Dasboard Sheets and create new Database requests.

Somehow, Qlikview isn t using at least 20 % oft the CPU capacity available and less than 3 GB RAM if i am running a script.

I tried the same on our QV-Server and it works fine there. Is there any option to get QV forced to take all the rescources available?

System Info:

Windows 7 Professional (64 Bit)

Intel Core i7-4790 3.60 GHZ

12 GB RAM

512 GB SSD

Thx for your help in advance.

Cheers

Felix

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schefflera
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Jagan,

of course it depends on the data you are using and I tried that already. Same issue.

I deinstalled QV and some 3rd party applications and installed it again. Now it is working properly and using the full resources.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps Qlikview simply doesn't need more CPU and RAM resources to execute your script.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
maxgro
MVP
MVP

It depends on what you're doing with the .qvw.

If you load data from an external source (database, file, ...) usually Qlik doesn't need many resources.

schefflera
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thx, for your reply.

Well, that shouldn t be the issue here. If I run the same script on the server, QV is using 100 % of the CPU capacity and more RAM.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

Counsumption of resources like CPU and RAM will depends on the data you are loading, volume of the data and script operations you are performing.  If you are loading huge volume of data in GBs then you can the raise in this resources. 

If you want to take all the resources available join two huge tables without any common key then you can see the usage.

Regards,

jagan.

schefflera
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Jagan,

of course it depends on the data you are using and I tried that already. Same issue.

I deinstalled QV and some 3rd party applications and installed it again. Now it is working properly and using the full resources.