Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucasx15
Contributor III
Contributor III

Printing Report with error Timeout has been exceeded

Hi,

We have Qlikview Server with version 12.10 on a Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard. We use as PDF printing unit:
PDF-XChange 3.0. From a few months ago we are no longer confident to generate the Print Report through AccessPoint.
It returns this message from the image below:

sad.jpg

I already tried to reinstall the PDF-XChange 3.0 driver. And I've even made changes to "Settings.ini" to:

DefaultPDPrinterName=PDF-XChange 3.0
PDFPrintTimeoutInSeconds=120

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @lucasx15,

Is the error returned each and every time the print icon is clicked? Is the error returned immediately when clicking the Print icon or is the error returned after 2 minutes? 

Even though you stated you tried reinstalling, suggest that you do so again and follow Qlik Knowledgebase article Install or Reinstall PDF-Xchange Printer on QlikView Server.

Also suggest you upgrade from this much older version of QlikView Server to a supported version so that you can engage with Qlik Support if needed.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @lucasx15,

Is the error returned each and every time the print icon is clicked? Is the error returned immediately when clicking the Print icon or is the error returned after 2 minutes? 

Even though you stated you tried reinstalling, suggest that you do so again and follow Qlik Knowledgebase article Install or Reinstall PDF-Xchange Printer on QlikView Server.

Also suggest you upgrade from this much older version of QlikView Server to a supported version so that you can engage with Qlik Support if needed.

Best Regards

lucasx15
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky,

Thank you for reply!  This error is after 2 minutes. 
I already reinstalled the pdf driver and the error keeps appearing, I even messed with the print spooler.
Regarding the upgrade to a supported version of Qlikview Server, how can I download it?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @lucasx15,

So it seems then the 2 minute timeout is actually occurring in your case then. I assume this is for a rather large table or similar object? Is this the only object that fails when print to PDF is attempted?

In the PDFPrintTimeoutInSeconds entry in the Settings.ini file, the value of 120 is 120 seconds = 2 minutes. So suggest you increase this value to 600 (10 minutes) to see if the print to PDF completes.  If the timeout is still experienced, increase it higher until the print to PDF succeeds. 

You can download from the Qlik Product Downloads webpage. Note that you need to have a valid, up to date license to install the latest versions of Qlik products. You can find information on system requirements, upgrade preparations and performing the upgrade in the Qlik Help - Deploying QlikView.

Best Regards