Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay587
Creator
Creator

Production CPU Utilisation is very High leads to job failures

Hello Team,

As we have a production environment with good system specifications and all of sudden today the CPU utilisation is very high which is 100% when 2 parallel jobs are running and then all tasks failed. We don't see this type of behaviour in recent times when 2 jobs are running in parallel.Post restarting the services it went to normal state and then 5 parallel jobs are ran with out any issue.

I don't know what happend and where to check that problem for causing the high CPU utilisation.

Here I have 2 question based on the above problem

1)Can any one suggest me how to check ,why that's happend ?

2)What actions we need to do for minimise the CPU utilisation ?

Thanks in Advance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Jay587,

Publisher is a requirement to have a distributed environment. So, if you have QVS running on one server and QDS running on a separate server, then you would have to have Publisher enabled. Suggest you refer to the Scaling QlikView Publisher whitepaper that I previously suggested.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @Jay587,

Please describe the architecture of your QlikView Server environment. Is it a single node - with all QV services running on a single server? Is it distributed - with QV services running on multiple servers? Do you have Publisher enabled? If yes, how many QDS nodes are employed?

Note that the QDS will use as much CPU as needed in order to complete tasks. Therefore, a task could conceivably consume CPU resources from all available CPU cores in the server, even in a very large server. If you are running a single node environment, then suggest you move QDS to its own server so that it doesn't have to share resources with QVS. If running a distributed environment, then there are settings with in the QVDistritubionService.exe.config file you can make to optimize QDS some. Refer to Qlik Support article QlikView Distribution Service / Publisher (QDS) high CPU usage without active tasks and the Qlik white paper Scaling QlikView Publisher for further details.

Best Regards

Jay587
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello @Chip_Matejowsky ,

In one server, we have DSC,QDS,QMS services are present and in other server QVS,QVWS are present.We don't have publisher in our environment.

Thanks.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Jay587,

Publisher is a requirement to have a distributed environment. So, if you have QVS running on one server and QDS running on a separate server, then you would have to have Publisher enabled. Suggest you refer to the Scaling QlikView Publisher whitepaper that I previously suggested.

Best Regards