Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
damien_burns
Contributor II
Contributor II

QMC sending failure email for tasks that haven't failed

Hi

Just over the weekend we have started receiving the task failure notification for tasks that haven't failed.

It seems to be related to tasks that are set to run at a given time ( ie not triggered from another task ) but not all of these tasks are impacted.

I have tried changing the times for the tasks but the email still sends at the original trigger time, I have also changed the wording of the email but these emails still refer to the old template - genuine failures do have the new wording.

Have tried restarting all services but that didn't fix it,

any ideas would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

Damien

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Damien, I believe you may have a second QMS service running somewhere that is causing the issue, the problem is I do not have an easy way for you to try to track it down, but that is the only thing that makes any sense at the moment, so check all your Qlik related servers in your environment and be sure only one QMS service is running per environment you are managing via that service, hopefully that makes sense, shout if you have further questions, but I hope this is the issue.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Damien,

That's indeed highly suspicious behavior. Could it be that it is not the QMC that sends those emails but either NPrinting or a QVW instead?

Here is how you can troubleshoot:

Just when you expect to receive the email, you can try to shut down QMC and check if you will still receive something.

If you can relate the failure emails to a specific Task(s), try disabling it(them) and see if you still get something.

Or do you get the email once you run the task?

You may want to check what's inside of the QVW. Also - what would happen if you reload it manually.

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,

S.T.

damien_burns
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I tried shutting down QMC and even taking the details of the email server off QMC but still the failure emails are coming through. Disabling the task doesn't help either, nor does editing the task details ( or even deleting it entirely ).

Thanks
Damien

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Damien, I believe you may have a second QMS service running somewhere that is causing the issue, the problem is I do not have an easy way for you to try to track it down, but that is the only thing that makes any sense at the moment, so check all your Qlik related servers in your environment and be sure only one QMS service is running per environment you are managing via that service, hopefully that makes sense, shout if you have further questions, but I hope this is the issue.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
BinayKumarSah
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks for solution. it is really helpful.