Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC task dependencies - time for retries

Hello,

Trying to use task dependencies in QMC. I can't figure out the relationship between "Number of tries" and "Timeout in minutes" under Task Execution. Does it mean a) there will be a retry, up to the Number of tries - 1, with an interval set to Timeout in minutes, or does it mean that b) there will be a number of tries evently spaced out during the timespan of  Timeout in minutes, or c) something else?

Below is the relevant section from Help, which does not make the above clear to me.

Thanks,

Håkan

Task Dependencies

Task dependency is a way of making sure that the current task runs only if other tasks have finished their last execution successfully. The task dependencies overrule any trigger, which means that a trigger might not be able to start the current task, if a task dependency for the current task is not fulfilled. To configure a dependency for the current task, click on the Add icon, , to the right in the pane.

Task

Select the task(s), which must have been successfully executed before the current task can be executed, in the drop-down list.

Delete

To entirely remove a task dependency, click on the Delete icon, .

Task Execution Options

Triggers can be allowed to attempt to start the current task a number of times during a time period.

Number of Tries

To choose a number of start attempts for the current task, enter the desired number in this text box.

Default value: 1.

Timeout in Minutes

To choose a time period for the Number of Tries, enter the desired number in this text box.

Default value: 1440, meaning 24 hours.

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Alright, now I get it. There is no applicable time limit. Just the result of the latest execution, no matter when.