Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMSEDX Issue – Error Creating Web Proxy

Hi,

I am having issues with QMSEDX.exe to execute tasks on my management console for certain users in our domain.

The QMSEDX.exe and config file are located on a network location and a user executes these via a VB macro in a QVW dashboard via the Access Point.

I have attempted this using 2 accounts on the same laptop (production and test account) with identical access to all the relevant folders and similar AD groups. It works fine with my production account but I am unable to execute the task from my test account.

I run the following command using the cmd.exe which also works fine for my production account but not for my test account:

Server2… \QMSEDX.exe" -task="Task Name" -password="Password123" -qms="Server1"

I get the following error message when attempting this with my test account:

“Failed to create a client to the specified Uri, retries=2.

Error creating the Web Proxy specified in the ‘system.net/defaultProxy’ configuration section.

Retry in 10s…”

Both accounts are in the following Qlikview groups:

• - Qlikview Administrator
  • - Qlikview Document Administrator (Both doc. Admins for the same folders)
  • - Qlikview Management API
  • - Qlikview EDX

Both accounts also have full control access to the folders where the QMSEDX.exe is located.

We have spent a lot of time looking into this and are unable to resolve this issue. I was wondering whether anyone else has come across an error like this, if so could you give us some direction as how to troubleshoot this further.

Thanks very much.

1 Reply
bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Is this issue resolved? If so please explain how this is resolved.

Thanks,

Rakul