Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Application Performance issue

Hi,

Whenever i am opening qlikview aplication using using qvp protocol ( qvp://ServerIP/Mountedfolder/xyz.qvw ) with plugin, Application takes 25 to 30 Second to open, however my application contains No data i.e my application is simple new qlikview application which contain no data no charts nothing and size of application is 111 KBs.

I m using following configurations

Windows Server 2003 SP 2, 16 GB RAM, 4 CPUs

Qlikview Server 9.0 SR 7

Qlikview Dev 9.0 SR7

Plugin 9.0 SR 7

Please help

Regards---

Nayan

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

How much time is it consuming when it is opened directly in the Server not thru access point ?
Opening application for the very first time may take little more time, but in case if it takes more time everytime, just restart the qlikview services once and try it once.

Also have a check if any event is getting triggered while loading application.

Note: Assuming you are using 64-bit OS and 64-bit Qlikview Setup in order to utilize the resource properly.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Kumar,

Thanks for your reply, As you said I am using 64 Bit OS and Qlikview.

But Application takes 25 to 30 Seconds every time when i open, it means application was loaded in QV Server but still it is taking same time i.e 25 to 30 seconds.

If I open application in Window server it self then it will not take more than 2 Seconds to open, but when i open outside Server then it is taking more time

Not applicable
Author

We have recently upgraded to SR7 (7775.9) and facing the same issues. It takes time to upload (not as long as 30 secs) and it is sometimes slow when trying to do selections. In SR5 it worked just fine. We ain't sure if it's a bug in SR7 or if we facing network problems. Together with the upgrade from SR5 to SR7 we installed a new Qlikview Server. So we are testing all sorts of stuff that hopefully solve our problems.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kristofer

Is your issue for Qlikview SR 7 resolved??

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

Last weekend we did three things on the Qlikview Server:

1 Disable Network Teaming on NIC. *Edit. Not disable we changed from "load balancing" to "fail over"
2 Disable Windows Firewall
3 Put more memory into the Server (64 GB to 96 GB)

We are doing great what I can see so far (not that many users to day). It looks like it is resolved. I think that the first two solved this issue.

/Kristofer