Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Server not interpreting connection strings

I have designed some models that work fine and can reload perfectly when reloaded manually in QV. However when I move these models to the server the server is unable to run reloads on them.

Looking at the logs the server reload seems to fail when it reaches mention of a connection string - whether it be ODBC or OLE.

Could there be a bug or corruption of something on the server (v10) ? It can not be a corruption of MDAC or the MySQL ODBC drivers I am using because when running manually the connections are made perfectly...

I'm totally stumped and I'd prefer to not have to reinstall the whole QV server and QV enterprise software package. Perhaps there is a way to check the install ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Denis_Brajkovic
Former Employee
Former Employee

First, check that the ODBC is a System DSN. If not, then it won't work.

Second, log in on the server with the same user as you run the QV services. Make a manual reload from QV Developer. At this stage it will most probably fail (and most probably because it's not a System DSN driver)

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have now set up a separate server and run the same models on that. They run fine there so it must be some kind of config or corruption issue on the initial server.

prieper
Master II
Master II

Have you checked that the names of the ODBC-connections are identical on your local system and on the server?
Alternativelz difference might be caused by different drivers avail for 32- and 64-bit versions on the server.

HTH
Peter

Not applicable
Author

Yes, as mentioned I can set the model up directly on the server and make manual connections to the data sources. I have even recreated the connection strings on the server inside the models and can test connection succesfully and also manually reload successfully. As soon as I try to reload the model via a server task it fails.

It can not be a driver issue because of this.

This is the error in the log file:

Error: SQL##f - SqlState: IM002, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Even though the data source is clearly stated in the script: (And works when manual reloading)

ODBC CONNECT TO [Ubuntu MySQL] (XUserId is KRIEaWVOMDdSWWFMULaGWZJT, XPassword is fbXEcTVILbaeGXcGWBLA);

Not applicable
Author

Did you get the solution for this issue? i have the same problem..

Denis_Brajkovic
Former Employee
Former Employee

First, check that the ODBC is a System DSN. If not, then it won't work.

Second, log in on the server with the same user as you run the QV services. Make a manual reload from QV Developer. At this stage it will most probably fail (and most probably because it's not a System DSN driver)

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Thanx... That was the problem!

Not applicable
Author

Helped me too