Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
langelwong
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik View Report Distribution File Folder password

Hello

I have created a report in Qlikview and distributed it to a specific folder. The reports are created normally but they requiere a password to access. Is there a way to dissable the password when creating the reports?

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The underlying issue is in the distribution, it seems you may have addressed things by setting All Authenticated, but you can also specify users or groups there as well, and that should set the NTFS rights upon distribution.  You do this on the Distribute tab settings of the Task, but you must have Publisher license, if you just have the Reload Engine, you would have to ensure you are manually setting folder or QVW permissions accordingly there.  Best I can offer with the information provided.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @langelwong 

Can you provide us with more details on what the password prompt looks like and how you are attempting to access the document?

Does the document have Section Access? If so, and the Section Access doesn't match whatever Windows user is logged on at the time of opening the document, then the user will be prompted. 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
langelwong
Author

Hello Sonja

I don't get a password promt it opens chrome and it say that the user don't have access

I have to right clic and add permisions to access the file 

cantaccess.png

langelwong
Author

When I try accesing I get

a  ERR_ACCESS DENIED

2.PNG

to enter the document I have to grant access rights to authenticated users then I can access the document.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The underlying issue is in the distribution, it seems you may have addressed things by setting All Authenticated, but you can also specify users or groups there as well, and that should set the NTFS rights upon distribution.  You do this on the Distribute tab settings of the Task, but you must have Publisher license, if you just have the Reload Engine, you would have to ensure you are manually setting folder or QVW permissions accordingly there.  Best I can offer with the information provided.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.