Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pentier
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView Migration personnal edition

I led the SACEM BI team and managed the restitution and analysis of our data via QlikView. I am now retired and Qlik was unfortunately decommissioned in favor of Tableau after my departure in 2018...
However, I remain a private user of QlikView to monitor a certain amount of personal data locally on my computer via the personal edition (version April 12, 2019 SR1).
I have just changed my computer and I am having a major difficulty in migrating from the old PC to the new one and even stranger I cannot create new models.
  • Point 1:
I read in the support that it was possible to migrate 5 times under personal use via a recovery procedure that locked the previous use in favor of the new.
I couldn't find how to implement this procedure.. 
  • Point 2 :
I installed on the new PC version 12 of May 2022. I copied my data loading scripts in text files from my old PC and resumed these scripts in new templates on the new machine. Once this is done and the model is saved, I can load my data correctly, create QVDs, develop graphical rendering and everything seems to be working fine.
However, once this document is saved and closed, it cannot be reopened. This is also the case if I create a completely new script document and unpublished rendering.
  • Point 3 :
To make sure that the version change was not to blame, I replaced the May 12, 2022 version with the April 2019 version but SR3, the SR1 version not being available for download.
This attempt did not change the behavior described in point 2.

Can you provide me with a solution so that, at a minimum, I can use QlikView personal Edition on my new computer, even if it means rewriting everything?

Incidentally ... do you plan to offer Qlik Sense in a personal version?

Français
Je dirigeais l'équipe BI de la SACEM et gérais les restitutions et analyse de nos data via QlikView. Je suis désormais retraité et Qlik a été malheureusement décommissionné au profit de Tableau après mon départ en 2018 ...
Je reste néanmoins un utilisateur à titre privé de QlikView pour suivre un certain nombre de données personnelles en local sur mon ordinateur via l'édition personnelle (version 12 avril 2019 SR1).
Je viens de changer d'ordinateur et je rencontre une difficulté majeure pour migrer de l'ancien PC vers le nouveau et plus étrange encore je ne peux pas créer de nouvelles modélisations.
  • Point 1:
J'ai lu dans le support qu'il était possible de migrer 5 fois dans le cadre d'une utilisation personnelle via une procédure de récupération qui verrouillait l'utilisation antérieure au profit de la nouvelle.
Je n'ai pas trouvé comment mettre en œuvre cette procédure.. 
  • Point 2 :
J'ai installé sur le nouveau PC la version 12 de mai 2022. J'ai copié mes scripts de chargement de data dans des fichiers texte depuis mon ancien PC et repris ces scripts dans de nouveaux modèles sur la nouvelle machine. Une fois cette opération effectuée et le modèle enregistré, je peux charger correctement mes données,  créer des QVD, développer une restitution graphique et tout semble bien fonctionner.
Cependant, une fois ce document enregistré et fermé, il est impossible de le rouvrir. C'est également le cas si je crée un tout nouveau document script et restitution inédite.
  • Point 3 :
Pour m'assurer que le changement de version n'était pas en cause, j'ai remplacé la version 12 mai 2022 par celle d'avril 2019 mais SR3, la version SR1 n'étant pas disponible en téléchargement.
Cette tentative n'a rien changé au comportement décrit au point 2.

Pouvez-vous m'apporter une solution afin, qu'à minima, je puisse utiliser QlikView personal Edition sur mon nouvel ordinateur quitte à tout réécrire ?

Accessoirement ... envisagez vous de proposer Qlik Sense en version personnelle ?
Labels (2)
6 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@pentier 

This is how it should work.

You copy over the whole qvw. Open it in the new PC. check the Yes box and click continue in the dialogue. The document  will be opened without data. But you should be able to do a full reload.

Personal edition.png

pentier
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@

Qlik1.png

Qlik2.png

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @pentier,

Have you been able to recover some of the QVWs before running into this issue? 

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
pentier
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi  

rendering and recording my model; I can use it once but if I close it when i try to open it again i can't and get the 2 screenshots in my last post.

In fact, I can't use Qlik Personnal Edition at all.

Regards,

Pierre

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@pentier 

You will typically see this if you have used all the recovery attempts. But it does not sound like you have and you should be able to create new documents either way.

Can you create an almost empty qvw and post it? To see if we can open it here with a licensed version. Have you tested to start it as administrator (right click)?

marcus_sommer

Take a look on the settings.ini - maybe it's corrupt and/or QlikView couldn't really read/write/access it (any security tools and/or strange active directory settings and/or the kind of the storage - any NAS ? - from the install stuff as well as the settings.ini and also the qvw-files - may have an impact).

Beside this you could try some tests like creating a new qvw (just a few inline-records and a list-box) and storing them without a reload and closing the app and/or QlikView. Could you open the app within a second instance of QlikView? If yes does it also work after you have made a reload and saving the app? Then could the app opened after they was closed within the first instance (which is further running ...). Means just playing a bit to reduce the number of possibilities.

- Marcus