Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Revision control / version control / source control software

Hi all,

I'm working with a solution where we use SQL server and SSIS as our data warehouse and ETL tool. The data warehouse generates most of the data for our QlikView reports.

Regarding our SSIS packeges we use the Tortoisesvn (http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/) software for Revision control / version control / source control software, etc.

------

I'm wondering if anyone knows about software we can use for Revision control / version control / source control software for our ClikView soulution?

And tips and advices for stuff we have to think about when implenting such a solution...?

Our current sollution is not good enough where we store al qvw/qvd files on one server and with noe check-in control or "rules" for deployment and change handeling...

Hope any one can help - all advice is appreciated especially experiences anyone might have considering this issue...

36 Replies
magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Stefan, sorry for bumping this old thread.

I am currently implementing automatic deployment using QV and Git.

The Git part works very good, but the -prj-part does however not.

When QV documents get recreated from empty .qvw:s, it doesn't add field event triggers nor variable content.

That is, all variables need to be declared in the script (which is best practise anyway, so really no problem).

But field triggers not being created or even output in the -prj XML files is a stopper for us.

Do you perhaps have a workaround? We don't want to include binary qvw:s in Git.

Kind regards

Magnus Åvitsland

BI Architect Consultant

Framsteg Business Intelligence Corp.

gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator

I, too, need an answer to this. It's very important in my organization that we move to proper source control as we have multiple developers editing documents now but we need proper support for all the product's features.

Thanks!

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

We have a working solution now.

I will document it and release a white paper befor xmas next week.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!! wohoo

gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator

I look forward to it.

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Magnus,

Definitely let us know when you get that whitepaper up. Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Magnus,

did you uploaded your stuff? I'm interessted on as well.

Thank you 🙂

/olli

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Oliver.

I've simply not found the time to compile the doc yet.

I will do my best and try and finish it this February.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Magnus,

how you doing?

Just wondering to know if you managed to compile the document about "QlikView Revision control / version control / source control software" yet.

cheers

ggerber
Contributor II
Contributor II

Variables must be set in script since no values are stored in Version control.  You can also place it in a qvs file and load it when model is rebuild

gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator

Does that solve the problem with losing triggers?