Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnmart61
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikView screen freezes in both Chrome & Edge after a few data selections

We recently upgraded from QlikView April 2019 to May 2021. Upgrade went smoothly and all QVWs run correctly - but only on Internet Explorer.

If we open a QVW through the Access point on either Chrome or Edge, the screen tends to freeze after a few data selections. If I select a few filters then maximize a chart, the app will not allow me to change any data selection. Nor can I click buttons, change charts, minimize the open chart, or do anything else except refresh the screen. Which puts me back to the beginning with nothing open or selected.

This behaviour does not happen using Internet Explorer with the IE Plugin - only if we use Chrome or Edge.

If this can be fixed by a setting, please let me know. This was not an issue in the older version of QlikView.

20 Replies
schlettig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

No, the issue cannot be reproced in QV Desktop 12.6. It only happens in Ajax Client and can be worked around when pressing F5

As posted above there is an error in the Javascript, that only occurs, when the application freezes:

Uncaught Error: cannot call methods on combobox prior to initialization; attempted to call method 'option'

After refreshing the page the error does not occur in the same session as far as i know.