Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView server performance

Hi,

How can I check the performance of QVS and QVWS? How can I track the performance of server? In what scenario I can go for splitting QlikView services on different server?

bbtpcammaert ashfaq_haseeb mby

14 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No, you don't need a clustering license for loading standard services on three platforms. There are 5 essential QlikView services. If you have a full publisher license, you can put each one of them on a separate machine. That wouldn't make much sense, but you can.

As I explained before, clustering is the next step on the scalability ladder: if either one of QVS and QDS (of which you have a single copy) is insufficient to handle your loads, you can cluster them, meaning that you can buy a license for another QVS (or QDS) and configure the two copies as if they are one and the same. With "double" the performance.

And as you may have found out from the previous, QlikView lets you cluster QVS (multiple QLikView servers acting as one) or QDS (multiple Publishers acting as one) or both.

Best,

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The Qlik Community has been created specifically to ask questions and (hopefully) get answers. So why would you be sorry?

If you want to know more about QlikView scalability and clustering, Qlik has a technical brief on the subject here: QlikView Scalability Overview | Qlik

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Will splitting the services resolves the performance issue to some extent? if not then I should go for clustering, rite?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I don't know. Where did you mention a performance issue?

There is no universal performance problem that can be solved by a one-fixes-all solution. These "issues" are very situation-specific.

Not applicable
Author

Does anyone have a actual "QlikView Server Performance.qvw"  for QlikView 12 ?