Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pavan81
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview 12.6 Print Report format issues for the report generated in Access point and in desktop the format is good

We recently upgraded to Qlikview server 12.6 may 2021 .  after the upgrade we are having issues with print report in the web version of the documents. the format of the report is not maintained, the the tables and charts are either big or too small and not in expected position on the page. but when the report is generated in the desktop version which also is 12.6  the report print out/generates  perfectly as it was designed in report editor.

we dont have qlikview publisher or qlikview nprinting  licenses.

the server has bullzip pdf writer  and pdf- xchange 3( which was not installed with 12.6) installed 

is their a setting that needs to be enabled for the web version to print/generate the report to use a pdf writer?

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@Pavan81  What OS is the Windows Server? If it's Windows 2012 R2, this article may help with regards to the PDF exchange and 12.60.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/QlikView-May-2021-12-60-running-Publisher-reports-on-a-...

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @ssapseid,

Suggest that you create a feature request and outline the functionality you would like to see regarding selection of PDF printers when printing from AJAX client.  See How To Submit Feature Requests For Qlik Products for further details.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@Pavan81  What OS is the Windows Server? If it's Windows 2012 R2, this article may help with regards to the PDF exchange and 12.60.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/QlikView-May-2021-12-60-running-Publisher-reports-on-a-...

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Pavan81
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

its Windows server 2019. 
I came across the above link in the community , issue i ran into is that we don't have publisher licenses, so I don't/cant  see/access distribution service in QMC.

is there a way to change distribution service  settings outside of QMC ? 

Thank you.

ssapseid
Partner - Contributor III

We have recently installed Qlikview Server 12.60 on Qlikview 2019 as well.

In QV Desktop 12.60 you still have the option to choose the PDF printer you want to send the QV PDF reports to.

However, in QV Server 12.60 AJAX, it appears the QV PDF Report printer is hard-coded to use the 'Microsoft Print to PDF' printer. This gives us a problem as the 'Microsoft Print to PDF' is much slower than the old PDF-Exchange printer and the actual PDF files generated by the 'Microsoft Print to PDF' printer are 20 times bigger than the PDF files generated by the old PDF-Exchange printer.

We are hoping that QV Server can provide a setting where we can choose a different PDF printer (eg PDF-Exchange) to the one that seems to be hard coded - 'Microsoft Print to PDF'. But the setting does not exist. You can change the setting in QV Distribution Service, but that has absolutely no effect of reports generated on the AJAX QV Server client.

Using the 'Microsoft Print to PDF' often creates corrupt PDF files and takes so long that it is almost unusable.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the default printer to anything but 'Microsoft Print to PDF' in QV Server 12.60?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @ssapseid,

Suggest that you create a feature request and outline the functionality you would like to see regarding selection of PDF printers when printing from AJAX client.  See How To Submit Feature Requests For Qlik Products for further details.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
ssapseid

Pavan81
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@ssapseid  Thank you for putting in the request . it is well written.
Did u try putting in a qlikview support ticket?
they refused to resolve my support ticket stating we purchased the product from a third party vendor.

the dependency on PDF report for my organization is high ,   we downgraded to 12.50 SR4 and it works perfectly fine.  
will wait for Qlikview to put in the new feature before we upgrade again to 12.60

ssapseid

Hi Pavan - I have tried logged this with support, but no solutions have been offered yet. I am hoping the feature request will get something done.