Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marvin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview not for sale anymore?

Hello

I been told that Qlik doesn't sell Qlikview anymore. Is that true?

Will Qlik continue release new version of  Qlikview or does the support end May 25, 2023?

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AdamBS
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi - that is terrible disinformation!   Qlik now sell the QlikView Infrastructure add-on.

Qlik have modernised licensing to Professional, Analyzer and Analyzer capacity model - with the Signed License Key, users can have access to either product (QlikView or Qlik Sense) or both.  QlikView is alive and well.

Adam Barrie-Smith
iOCO Analytics Solutions

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @QlikMo,

Yes, above posts regarding QlikView are still valid. The best reference for you would be to contact your Qlik account manager. Thanks!

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AdamBS
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi - that is terrible disinformation!   Qlik now sell the QlikView Infrastructure add-on.

Qlik have modernised licensing to Professional, Analyzer and Analyzer capacity model - with the Signed License Key, users can have access to either product (QlikView or Qlik Sense) or both.  QlikView is alive and well.

Adam Barrie-Smith
iOCO Analytics Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Thanks for addressing this question @AdamBS@marvin, this question about QlikView comes up every now and again.  Qlik is very much dedicated to releasing new versions of QlikView.   I would refer you to ask your Qlik account manager directly as well.  Also the Qlik Release Management Policy for On-Premise Software Products outlines the strategy on new version releases.  Have a look at the below question from a Talk to Experts Tuesday - QlikView FAQ session from a little over a year ago:

What is the expected lifetime for QlikView? Qlik is shifting all its resources to QlikSense over the past few years, and now to SaaS, so the number of changes made in QV are few and far between, leading clients to think it may get decommissioned in the future.
I work regularly with the QlikView team and am on Product meetings. QlikView is alive. As long as clients like it, QlikView is alive. We have already started discussions on what is going to be in 12.70 which would be in 2023. So there is a commitment from the Company as long as people are using. We are not pushing away customers but of course are encouraging clients to go to Qlik Sense because it is newer technology. If there is going to be investment in new technology it is going to be on the product that is more modern. QlikView is going to be updated. We have an investment on the SaaS version as well where you can view QlikView applications in the Cloud. But yes, QlikView is alive. You can count on that.

If there is anything you would like to see added to QlikView, we would recommend entering the enhancement request on the Qlik Ideas board.

Note that 12.70 will be leased in May 2022, not in 2023.

Hope this helps clear things up for you.

Best Regards

Manish_Kumar_
Creator
Creator

Hi @Adamo@Chip_Matejowsky 
Thanks for clearing out the confusion. I just wanted to confirm if these comments still last today? 
As Recently I saw QlikView Mobile Client being 
depreciated here:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/May2023/Content/QV_HelpSites/Whats_New_in_QlikView.ht...

Manish_Kumar__2-1693517874562.png

Please address me if I am not correct anywhere.

Also, What is the latest version of Qlik May 2023 (is it 12.8) release as I cannot see in the supporting document: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2023/Content/QV_HelpSites/Home.htm#
And Is there any information on next release?

Thanks and Regards

Manish Kumar, Senior Business Analyst
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Manish_Kumar_,

Yes, the information regarding QlikView is still valid. Version May 2023 was released earlier this year and SR1 for this version should be available soon.

Best Regards

QlikMo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Chip,

Are you able to say if the info is still valid given the recent rebranding of the website? The only mention of Qlikview is this link https://www.qlik.com/us/products/qlikview and everything mentioned seems to refer to Qlikview in the past tense. Even there the title is Qlikview, the button says Try it Free but it all takes you to Sense related stuff.

Also (sorry I know it's slightly off topic) can the same be said for nPrinting? Can a new customer purchase both Qlikview and nPrinting. I notice on the new site theres not a single mention of it anywhere (except the help section). 

Thanks

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @QlikMo,

Yes, above posts regarding QlikView are still valid. The best reference for you would be to contact your Qlik account manager. Thanks!

Best Regards

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @QlikMo!
We are currently working on QlikView May 2024, so... still alive and kicking! 🙂
As of now, there is no intention to discontinue the product.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.