Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonFusionHSLLC
Creator II
Creator II

Qlikview publishing to QlikSense - failure

Been going around and around with testing and support - getting nowhere!

Any suggestions...please....

We followed the documentation to the letter - export certs with passwords, import certs in the correct order, change configuration files on both QV and QS servers, configure the task to include the ShowInSenseHub tag =true rebooted everything...same results (see below)

I know Qlikview is reading the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service\QVDistributionService.exe.config file when the task is fired off, as I can comment out the following keys and get a different error message (hub partially configured).

<add key="QRSMachineName" value="PRDQLIKCENTRAL.blahblah.biz" />
<add key="QVWSMachineName" value="prdqlik" />
<add key="SenseClientCertificateThumbprint" value="99b993499f399699c98d9679de9de94399d591" />

While it appears from the error, that publisher can't find something (null value reference).  We generally publish to a network share on our QV Extranet server.  In this case, I opted to publish to a local drive on the QV machine.  Do I have to publish to a network share on the QS machine or is there any magic necessary for QS to see the QV published document? 

I've seen Qlik documentation showing the cert thumbprints with spaces between the hex pairs, and I've seen some Qlik documentation with no spaces - Question is spaces or NO spaces?

In the QS QMC, I  configured the security rule in QS to allow a specific AD group and 4 AD users, I used the same AD group/users when publishing from QV.  Question is - is this correct and does it work or should I just punt and go with !user.IsAnonymous() as it's the only example in the Qlik documentation?

RonFusionHSLLC_1-1646944160736.png

3/10/2022 2:07:49 PM Error The task "Publish Client Bill to Qliksense" failed. Exception: QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributeToResourcesFailedException: Distribute to resource failed. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at QDSMain.UnifiedHubSettings..ctor(ILogBucket logBucket, CertInfo certInfo, String certificateErrorMessage, DistributeSourceDocument distributionSourceDocument) at QDSMain.DistributeTask.ShowInSenseHub(Dictionary`2 offeredDistributionList, String fullNtfsPathToFile, KeyValuePair`2 kvp, QlikViewServerDistributionResource qvs) at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, Dictionary`2 offeredDistributionList, String fullNtfsPathToFile) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, Dictionary`2 offeredDistributionList, String fullNtfsPathToFile) at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributionExecution(String fileName, Document qvbDocument, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue) at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue) at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(CurrentExecutionArgs args)

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RonFusionHSLLC
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sorry for the late update - this has been solved.  It was more or less a rooky error on our part.  The server SSL cert that is brought over from Qliksense needs to be installed when logged in as the user that runs the QlikViewService.  We installed the cert on the domain admin 'personal' store, that is wrong...since the QlikViewService will not be able to find the cert...which is the root cause issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @RonFusionHSLLC ,

by "I opted to publish to a local drive on the QV machine." do you mean you are distributing to a folder? 
If that's the case, I suspect this might be the cause. The Qlik Sense Unified Hub needs to get a QlikView Server link, and that would not be available when distributing to a folder.

Can you try distributing to the QVS?
Of course, if you are already doing that, the root cause is somewhere else.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
RonFusionHSLLC
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sorry for the late update - this has been solved.  It was more or less a rooky error on our part.  The server SSL cert that is brought over from Qliksense needs to be installed when logged in as the user that runs the QlikViewService.  We installed the cert on the domain admin 'personal' store, that is wrong...since the QlikViewService will not be able to find the cert...which is the root cause issue.